UPDATES

Hi, friends - I'm adding photos as I receive them, so check back occasionally for updates. I wanted to put something together so the folks in Vancouver could see what's happening and hopefully people who can't go over and help can get a sense of the project. If any of you go over to work on the cabin, please send me photos and caption info so I can post them. And suggestions for the blog are always appreciated. Thanks for signing the guest book and for your comments.

Friday, June 19, 2009

June Work Party

Dean here!
The cabin is coming along great. This is the first time I've been back since last fall and I was impressed with the amount of work that has been done.
At this weeks work party starting Monday, the focus was on the floor sheeting, lights, stair rails, cabinet delivery and front (some call it the rear deck, it's the side away from the river) porch deck.
All projects were completed by Thursday.
Thanks to Ray Johnson, Bill and Marilyn Hogan, Steve Noll , Jerry Hutchins, Bob and Barb Laughlin, Shannon Flory (my son) and me, Dean Flory.
Much work had previously been done but we have no pictures of the progress. If you have pictures please send them to Sue at desertgirlsue@gmail.com.

The cabinets were delivered by Bob and Barb on Tuesday and they did a quick turnaround and headed home. I didn't even get a picture of them. This is a picture of the cabinets in their approximate locations. The uppers are just sitting on the counter.
Shannon and Ray at work on the lights!

Bill and Ray spent hours getting the lights in just the right position, hard work off ladders and scaffold.
The stairs to the loft before adding the hand rails.
Jerry and Steve laying flooring in the "dog house" (space under the stairs)
.
Another job well done by Jerry and Steve.
I know this looks like Jerry is coming after me but I think he's going for more wood.
The entrance to the cabin on the "away from the river side" before the deck was added.
Shannon is measuring twice.
Dean and Shannon with the finished product, all it needs is a little trim and hand rails (next time).

No comments: